That sporadic pimple, an occasional breakout, or chronic acne – do you struggle with any of these acne issues? Acne can occur at all ages and stages of life. At Pinnacle Dermatology, our team of skin care professionals see patients with acne concerns from the early teens up to people in their late seventies.
We asked one of our skin care professionals, Jason Dominguez, PA-C, to share easy care for helping clear up acne:
“I believe that everyone should have the skin that they want. Acne can have a detrimental effect on self-esteem and daily living. When your acne is better, you are better. Not all acne is the same. There are so many different components that contribute to the development of acne lesions. The goal of acne treatment is to address all of the components involved so that you can be in charge of your skin.”
Quick tips for acne care and prevention:
Wash your face twice a day:
• Use a gentle cleanser that is close to the same pH as your skin.
• If you are involved with physical activities or sports, wash your face, even if it is with only water.
• Avoid topical products that contain alcohol or any product that may cause dry skin.
• When washing your face, use your fingertips to gently wash.
• Scrubbing could worsen existing acne and cause darkening of previous skin damage.
• This is a hard one! Do not pop or pick, doing so can cause scarring and possible infection.
• The use of a daily oil free sunscreen will help avoid hyperpigmentation. Hyperpigmentation or darkening of acne lesions can last several months.
• When choosing a makeup or facial moisturizer, I always recommend that they should be non-comedogenic.
See a skin care provider:
• Talk with your dermatologist to create a personal acne treatment plan. This will also help to identify any contributing factors that may need to be addressed.
• Treat your acne early to prevent worsened skin conditions.
• Create a skincare maintenance plan with your dermatologist to keep your skin clear.
• Give your treatment plan time. When you start a routine, it can take a few weeks to begin working.
Early acne prevention and treatment is important to keep and maintain clear skin. If you struggle with acne, it is important to consult a skin care professional to provide you with the best treatment plan for you and your skin. Don’t wait for your acne to worsen or until that important event is right around the corner.
Call (833) 257-7546 or schedule online
Pinnacle Dermatology makes scheduling your appointment easy.
What’s even better, you won’t have to wait weeks or months for an appointment. We typically can schedule you within a week or two. Come experience the Pinnacle difference!